Backups are an absolute necessity in today’s business world. Some questions businesses owners should ask themselves are:
- Am I performing regular backups?
- Am I sure backups are being done properly?
- Have I ever done a test restore to ensure that my backup regimen is effective?
- Is my data being taken offsite?
- What type of restore time would I need if something catastrophic happened?
The Virtual Exchange has a list of partners with a wide range of experience around backups. Contact Us today to speak to an expert.
Sending your backups to an offsite and secure facility is a great way to ensure the availability and integrity of your data in the event of a disaster. Some of our partner Data Center specs are listed below:
- 370,000 Square Foot capacity
- 140,200 Square Foot of 48″ raised floor
- On-site customer office and conference room
- Data center floor and secured areas require card key and two-factor biometric authentication including retinal scans and fingerprinting
- Security guards on-site 24x7x365
- Over 70 closed circuit video cameras cover the interior and exterior of building, all entrances, alternate work space and data center floor
- Automated power management and environmental monitor and control systems
Power / Cooling
- Independent redundant Georgia Power feeds totaling 36 MW
- N+1 system redundancy
- 114,000 gallons of on-site diesel fuel to power generators if necessary with contracts to refuel
- N+1 Chiller plant; Over 200-30 ton Lieberts provide air flow to raised floor space
- Redundant piping systems for chilled fluid
- Temperature above floor maintained at 70º ± 5º with humidity at 50% ± 5%
- Diverse entrances and CO redundancy
- In-house carrier and IP provider access
- Fiber connectivity to another local data center for business continuity
Fire Detection & Protection
- Zoned VESDA (Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus) throughout data center
- Pre-action dry pipe system from two sensors